Thursday, November 27, 2008

I am Thankful

I am thankful for...how sweet my husband is in getting up earlier than me and stoking the fire up so it's nice and warm when I wake up....for how he talks to me extra gentle when I first get up...for how warm our house is, and it's because Jason worked so hard getting all the wood we need...I'm thankful for my cellphone beep that keeps going off with new text messages from friends wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving....I'm so thankful for good friends...for most days when I get home from work, I get beeped at by someone I know going by, or they stop and chit chat a bit before they go on home...I'm thankful for my mom...and her emails and how she always refers to herself as "Mother" when we never call her that unless she is being silly....she's mom, the most endearing word there is...I love how she is the very first to call me on holidays, birthdays, etc....I love how when we are watching something funny, or at a restaraunt and start laughing so hard, she gets this laugh that you know she's a goner and it will take her a while to get back under control...I'm thankful for Jason's folks John and Hazel...they are not far from us and love having us over for dinner or just being together...they are so thoughtful and helpful and just fun...I get to have more of those really great laugh times with Hazel...I'm thankful for siblings...Each one add to my life in different ways....ways that if they didn't, I wouldn't be who I am....I'm thankful fo Amy and her new adventure to Alaska.....and another secret one that I am having SO much fun with her on....I'm thankful for Sarah in Seattle....and her phone call yesterday telling me we should do Black Friday together....I said sure, In Portland? Since it's 1 1/2 hours for me and 2 hours for her....well no she wants to go in Seattle....4 hours for me, that would make me leave my house at midnight...she was fine with that!!!! I'm thankful for the offer and might actually take her up on it....I'm thankful for her always helping and being able to email, call, and messge her....she is quite fun to be with....I'm thankful for Bob, her husband for unearthing the loving side of her....that's fun to see...I'm thankful for Katy....I think she has the biggest heart humanly possible...she is a fixer...I'm thankful for her calls to tell me when mom isn't having a great day and I should call mom, or reminding me of anniversaries, etc....our calls are ususally short, but meaningful none the less...I'm thankful how when we hang up she always says "Love you Bethy"....I'm thankful for Jason's sister Jeana....she hasa great laugh too and even though she lives in Oklahoma, she is out often and we get to hear that laugh alot....I'm thankful for the kind messages she sends me and the text I just got wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving....I'm thankful for this area of the country we moved to....how beautiful it is...even when it's getting cold like it is....it's worth it all for the people...I'm thankful for James and Lauren...how when you don't answer James' call the first time he leaves a LONG laborous message that you're screening his call....he goes on and on it's so funny....I'm thankful that he is always ready and willing to help us and knows we are always ready and willing to help him...I'm thankful for Lauren and the place that she has filled in James' life...Incredible...I'm thankful that now we both work for the County and get to go to lunch together when I'm not at a meeting and she is not in court....I'm thankful for Monday grocery shopping...it's so fun...we shop and look and talk and see people we know...it usually takes at least two hours....we have to remember to get ice cream and milk last!!! I'm thankful for my new job....I miss my co'worker and friend Courtney tremendously but I am really happy with my job change....I work for Wasco County Commission on Children and Families....mouthful I know, but I'm thankful to say it....I'm thankful for Jason's joh on the Wind Turbines....it's right up his alley with extreme heights, climbing, etc....it's like being on top of the jumgle gym at school....ok so he probably wouldn't agree with me on that but secretly and actually alot of times not so secretly he is still a little boy in his spirit....Love that...I'm thankful for the dogs, even as crazy as I sometimes am, they do some sweet things and we're quite lucky....I'm thankful for the new church we are going to...the people are so kind, and each time I feel like the message the pastor is preaching on was intended just for me...I'm thankful for health and pray that it continues and that others become well....I'm thankful that Jason has fallen asleep while I was doing this...oops...I gotta get ready for Thanksgiving, just wanted to get started with reminding myself on some of the things I am thankful for! I'm thankful....are you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you & your blog readers! I love black friday. I did some research, and have all of my shopping preplanned to maximize savings! You would be surprised what kind of deals are out there, if you search for them.

Custom Black Friday Sales Search