Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday....A Success...but we went into the red!!!

I am going to try to make this a bit short and sweet. It is currently 10:30pm on Black Friday when I am starting this and I have been up since 2:30am....yes we were die hards this year!!! This has always been a tradition in my family and Jason has started to participate in the fun....at least that's what I call it. Jason's mom Hazel has never done Black Friday being there right as they open with the huge lines and crowds so I figured it was time.
This morning Jason and I got up at 2:30 and got the dogs all taken care of to leave for the day and headed to Hood River to get John and Hazel. We got to their house and by the time we left their house in Odell and got to Wal-Mart in Hood River right as they were opening at 5:00am. The line was HUGE. We just went right up to the front doors, waited until about the end of the line and was allowed in. Once in, we were still in so quick that there was still all the good stuff. Once I got in, I forgot everything that were in the adds! lol All I remembered was $2 movies. It was more for the fun and experience of being there. Hazel said she got some good stuff, but I didn't see it....maybe it's for me!!! lol We got out of there without much complication, Jason and I ditched the few items we wanted since we didn't want to wait in the lines and we figured they would still be there tomorrow.
Next we were off to Portland. We went to Fred Meyer's and that was a great place! I got one person on our Christmas list completed, one person started, got me a couple of 99 cent pairs of gloves, and some nice earrings for myself that were super cheap!!!
Then we went to breakfast....then to Oregon City to talk to a man about a truck....then to Kay's Jewelers to get a super deal...then to Coastal. Coastal was awesome. For Jason I got him some really nice flannels that were padded and not heavy. I thought on sale they would end up being about $20 a piece so I bought two of them. I get up to the register, they rung up at $10.81!!! SO CHEAP!!! Unfortunately they only had two in his size. I love a deal, and we really got some good ones.
Picture of my bags of plunder....not too bad I don't think.These are the earrings I got....they look better in personSo this is what we went to Oregon City for!!!! We are elated!!! Jason's 4Runner puked a motor a little bit ago and if it were a 4 cylinder, it would have been worth rebuilding. It's a 6 cylinder and it's not so we are scrapping it and we had been looking hard for another vehicle...no SUV though, Jason needed his truck back. We were so lucky to find this one. The gentleman was selling it because the wife hated to park it....so she wouldn't drive it anymore! Wow! His loss, definately our gain. It's a 1996 Ford F250 Powerstroke Diesel CrewCab with a 50hp chip and 4 inch downpipe and all sorts of other gingerbread on it!

My only question....how to you top a Black Friday like this?!?!?!?!?!

2 comments:

lofgreenlegacy said...

K, your going to think I'm crazy. I have never ever gone shopping the day after Thanksgiving before until this year. And I never knew it was called Black Friday! I know, where the heck have I been huh? It was fun to go to Walmart at 345am, crazy but what a rush. Looks like you guys did great too. O' and I like the new truck. I love the old style fords.

Bell Family said...

I'm with Hope, only one step behind...I haven't shopped on black Friday either! I hear it's a rush, but I can't drag myself outta bed that early to fight a crowd. Maybe next year I will be forced to try it out, but I was told that SOME stores have better sales (Sears namely) the Saturday after.

Looks like you guys had alot of fun though, and NICE truck! What a great find. I love the earrings too.

Hope you are having a great holiday season girl!