Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fall is Here!

Being from Arizona, I've never seen all the colors of fall like I have here in Oregon. We live right along the Columbia River in Oregon, that separates Oregon from Washington state. When we drive to Hood River, or Portland, we have trees and mountains on one side and the Columbia River on the other side. It's called the Gorge. It's so beautiful! In the summer everything is green. Now that it is fall, the most beautiful yellows, oranges, reds, and greens. Above is a picture of my neighbor's trees

This is a picture from our porch looking out in the east front yard and part of or neighbor's yard. You can see the leaves from our big trees out front are falling. You can still see some grass through the leaves.


Here is the yard now, just a few days later! I am so happy that I had not raked yet!!!



Layers and Layers of leaves!!! Beautiful leaves and make noise everytime you walk though them. You cannot see the grass through the leaves!!! Guess what we are doing after work tomorrow? :) The leaves aren't all off yet, but you just wade through them, so it's time. This is so cool! I'm just crazy, last year I got to shovel snow, and I loved it!!! I totally like all the leaves too so I'm happy to get them up too!




1 comment:

Bell Family said...

I'm so completely JEALOUS! I want to be there right now! That is my idea of gorgeous scenery and weather!!! What great pictures Beth!