Sunday, November 9, 2008

Feels good to go to church

With all that has been going on, I've been finding myself missing some sort of organized relegion. Although I was never crazy about church for about 10 years, I'm finally ready to have it be a Yesterday I told Jason that I wanted to find a church. We had discussed this alot before this and are both on the same page of what we are looking for. We had gone a couple times to Jason's folks church and it's very nice, but it's in Hood River so we were hoping to find something a little closer to us. Before this, we hadn't been to church since last Christmas when we were at moms and went with her. I got online to find a church close to us and this morning I went, and it was really nice. Jason will come with me next time, but I ventured out by myself to a new church for the first Sunday.



I attended the Life in Christ Center. The people were very nice, and I was very comfortable. I didn't know all the words to the songs, but I'm learning them. The pastor was great and reminded me of my grandpa Jay. A couple funny points, yet the importance of his message rang clear!

The program had this thought and scripture in it.



--The battle is the Lord's. Still, God wants us to show up with our armor on.--



Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass Psalm 37:4-5



After some singing, the associate Pastor recognized all the veterans and service men and women and their families.

The pastor spoke on the Parable of the Patient Farmer Mark 4:26-29

(Matthew, Luke, and John do not touch on this parable, only Mark)

Seed= The word of God, the Bible; within honest and good hearts

Farmer= Each of us, Christians

Harvest= winning souls/ Patience, time



There is a limit to what we can do.

Only the Holy Spirit can produce Harvest.

Know what is our part, and what is God's part


We cannot make the seed grow, but we can hinder it's growth with improper care.

God's not going to sow, water, or reep - that is our job.


Depend on God and the power of his word


Necessity of Patience, James 5:7

Hope, Psalm 126:5-6; 1Cor 15:58


Harvest comes suddenly, John 4:35-38

Living Water, Matthew 8:37-38; Lots of Harvest, few laborers. 20% of Christians do 80% of the work.



GOD IS GOING TO DO SOMETHING -- Be Ready for Harvest



Saddest words in the Bible

Jeremiah 8:20

Harvest has past, summer has ended, and we are not saved!

No comments: