Friday, October 10, 2008

With the new blogging thing, I've been going through some old pictures. This has been so great for me. I feel that I am getting a refresher course, so to speak, on the past. I am so grateful for the past since each road traveled-- good, bad, or indifferent-- truly has made our present and road the the future what it is. I couldn't ask for more...


The diversity of this riding area was incredible! We started off in dirt and rock, went over the desert, and through the woods, to the beach of a lake and over to the dunes. There were great jumps and we had a great time. We really look forward to saving up play money to get 4 wheelers and can go out and play as hard as we work.
Here we are stopped on the side of the road in 4/02 on our way from Phoenix to Payson. We stopped to put our coats on. I have a big picture with all 4 bikes showing. This was a trip when everyone was down for Country Thunder. Jason and I on one bike, Ben and Lindsay on one bike, and Jodie and Nevada were cruisin' solo. Oh how the temperature changed from Phoenix to Payson! The ride was great! Jason picked me up from work on the bike with a change of clothes and a rose. He even brought me appropriate shoes for the ride. The only thing he forgot was socks. lol We were off for Payson. We got to Payson, went to Walmart for warmer clothes still yet, and then went and got a hotel room. All 6 of us in one room, we had cramped quarters but it was great. Then up and at 'em first thing in the morning since it was a work day and I had to be at work at 8am. Oh the freedom! We hustled back to Phoenix via the Beeline Highway, and as we got closer, we all started going faster, towards the warmth!!! The turn off to Mesa from the Beeline has an area you have to stop and wait to cross the lane of oncoming traffic. Well we got to that point, we stopped and Jason insists that I hold on at ALL times. Well we stopped to wait for a break in traffic to get across so I took the liberty to put my hair back up in my pony tail and before I knew it, Jason was taking off and popping a wheelie!! A WHEELIE?!?!?! While I'm not holding on? If I could meet the man that made the sissy bar, I would kiss them, and let me tell you it would be one heck of a kiss!!! lol Oh my reflexes were quick and I was able to regain my grip on Jason before he let down the front tire and then put quite the GRIP on the inside of his leg! Jason HATES to be pinched. It reminds him of being in church when he was a kid and when he would be acting up, his mom would reach over and pinch the inside of his leg where the skin is so tender. OWWWEEEE! He did not like me pinching him, but never again has he popped a wheelie with me on the back so I taught him. But then again, I never again have let go of him while the bike is running....so maybe he taught me....or maybe I learned myself! lol And in Jason's defense, his intention was not to pop a wheelie. We had been on the Beeline Highway for quite a while at a good speed so the tires were nice and warm and stuck a bit when he nailed the throttle to cross the freeway. We made it back into town, I was able to quickly get ready for work and Jason gave me a ride on the bike to work. We had such a great time!
I met Jason's folks for the first time Christmas of 2003. I had been with Jason since 2/02 and had many conversations with them, but just hadn't had the chance to meet them since they lived in Oregon and in 2002 I was in Arizona and in 2003 I was with Jason in Oklahoma. This Christmas I went to my mom's house for Christmas and flew out from Phoenix to Oregon to meet up with Jason and his family right after Christmas . I was immediately welcomed into their family and treated so well. When Jason came to pick me at the airport, he met me at the security clearance (that's as far as you can go anymore without a ticket) and down to baggage claim we went. We get down to baggage claim and Jason leaves to go check on the pickup that he left running outfront. While I was waiting, up walks Ben and Jodie! They came from Idaho to surprise me. Lindsay came along too! That was so great!
Some of Jason's folk's friends came over to meet me as soon as we got home from the airport. We were so tired we kept falling asleep on eachother. Then they would chatter and say how sweet we were, etc. That was a great Christmas. I love Christmas and the temperature lets me know it's coming on quick! I need to get out my Christmas boxes and get Christmas lights up. Oh I LOVE this season!!! Merry Christmas to all...I know it's only 10/10 but this weather just gets me in the spirit!!!

No comments: