Thursday, October 9, 2008

Chainsaw vs. knee --- And the winner is....



CHAINSAW!!!


----CAUTION----


The following may not be suitable for children of all ages, for women who are pregnant and queasy, or the squeamish!






Before Jason got hired on with Vestas, he did some logging work over in Dufur. The guy he was working for bought him a new saw, and Jason was very happy to be working with saws again. He always enjoyed going wood cutting growing up and was happy to get back to falling trees.



Jason's first day of work, I was sick with the flu, and in spite of my tremendous dislike for doctors, I had made myself an appointment to get in ASAP in hopes of getting an antiflu medicine to reduce the time and effects. That's how Jason and those who know me really knew I was VERY sick! The day was uneventful and entirely unpleasant for me. I took myself to the doctor at about 4pm then came home. Not long after Jason comes home...with a bit of a limp. A limp?!?! He didn't leave here this morning with one? Where did it come from? What happened? He came home smiling and very nonchalantly explained that there was a slight malfunction with the chainsaw and the chain shouldn't have been still cutting with the lock on, but it was and it kicked across his kneecap and his employer took him to the ER to get stitched up and then he went back to work and fell a few more trees to finish the day off. WHAT?!?!?!


My first thoughts....


Are you ok?(Yes) Why didn't you call me? (Because if I had, you would have forgone your drs appointment and gone to the ER and you were in no health to do that) Does it hurt? (not yet...) Oh my goodness!!! How deep? (pretty deep, just missed the bone, but did get to some cartilage)


Pain definitely set in the next day and for a while after that. Have you ever tried to heal your skin and meat over your kneecap? It bends!!! Reopening the wound, more likelihood for infection, and just downright not fun! He's all healed up now, I told him I think he should get a tattoo over the scar in the design of a zipper! I'll take some pics of it after to show how good it healed. A definite scar and proof still yet that if Jason could ever meet Murphy, he would show him that his law is alive and in effect and Jason is the proof!!!




Picture below is of the wound open. When Jason was at the ER, before the Drs could sew it up, he whipped out his camera phone and said he had to get a picture of it....


Yes I know, only Jason!!!






Explicit Picture

No comments: