Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's 5 to Midnight

And I'm glad this day is almost over. I got a call today from Jason at 3:30 while I was at work. First words out of his mouth... Now don't worry, I'm ok. That is never good! He's trying to calm me before telling me something. He said he was on his way to the hospital to just get checked out. At work, up 300 feet in the Nacell of the Wind Turbine, he was on the ground torquing a bolt down, when a 60-70lb tool 3 feet above him, fell off where it was resting and hit him in the back!!! Instantly my stomach started hurting as if that tool had just hit me in the stomach! I met him at the ER and they took Xrays.

The Dr comes out says that the Xrays look good, ribs look good, chest looks good, but there's something "funky" with how his Scapula or shoulder blade looks. "Funky"? How much money did that Dr spend in medical schooling to be able to use funky as a med term?!?! So the Dr orders a CT scan. Jason gets back in the room and we are waiting, and then the Dr comes in and says that he looked at the films and it looks like his Scapula is cracked. He said it's a very abnormal crack in that a person doesn't generally crack a shoulder blade since it's a fairly large bone. However, the 60-70lbs of falling tool 3ft above him would persuade a large bone to crack. So we look for a Orthopedic doc tomorrow.

Jason is sleeping, comfortably I think since he is snoring like crazy, and I'm in bed typing on the laptop. I am going to try to get some sleep myself, no sense worrying, like everything we've already been through with his back, it is all somehow for our learning and growth....

No comments: