Wednesday, October 8, 2008

All the cool kids are doing it....

I am officially entering the world of Blogging! Wow! After reading blogs of my friends and families, I think I am the only one who doesn't have a blog. All that is history now.

For a recap on where we've been to bring us to today...

Jason and I met in Arizona when I was 16 and he was 20. He was a small town country boy from Hood River, Oregon....

...and I was a small town country girl from Thatcher, Arizona.

I had just started dating a friend of his and that is how we came to meet. The boys were going to school in Phoenix at the time and every weekend four of them would come down to visit me and my friends and we would cruise main street, go on dates, and go to our friends house who had a mechanical bull and the boys would practice their skills. Then some weekends we would go to Benson where they would let the guys pay an entry fee and put them on a real bull to try their luck with the sport. The guys would come to my house and of course since my mom never had boys, she just loved them all!!! She would stock up on food for when they came to town, since after all, they were starving college students who spent alot of money in their old Chevy and Ford big block pickups coming to our little town every weekend. Often the guys would campout on the living room floor with sleeping bags and it was always quite the sight to come down stairs in the morning and see all of them sprawled out. I wish I had pictures!!! Jodie was 6'3" Jason was 6'4" Nevada was 6'5" and Ben was 6'6". Sleeping bags are not one height fits all!!! I had so much fun with that group and was lucky enough to have a great connection with them all and stayed in pretty good contact with them all. Graduation for them came around in '99 so Jason was off to Oregon, then to Tulsa, and Ben and Jodie did the whole Helicopter logging in Virginia and all over for a while. Every year, we would all get back together in Arizona for the 4 day country music festival called Country Thunder USA. We had such fun! We did that from 98-02, and really need to get that going again!


So Jason was in Tulsa working for Tulsa Freightliner and I was in Phoenix. I remember many long night phone calls with Jason and he would frequently tell me that he needed a "Beth". Of course, I just thought he wanted a girl that had similar characteristics to me, country girl, laid back, just normal without all the crazy tendencies, etc. lol What he meant, and had meant for quite a while is that he wanted me. Totally didn't catch on!


Our group got together for a trip out to Tulsa in February of 2002. Ben and Jodie were both working for Williams Gas Pipeline at that time and Ben was being sent to Tulsa for snowcat training. So Jodie took off work, flew down to Phoenix, and I took of work and Jodie and I drove from Phoenix to Tulsa. Ben flew from Boise to Tulsa, and Jason and Nevada were already in Tulsa. Something just clicked in this trip with Jason and I and we've been together non stop since. I'll find pictures of that trip and post them up!


Jason and I got married June 28th, 2008 and married life is great! I totally dig it You would think after being together for almost 6 1/2 years that it wouldn't change that much after we were married, but boy howdy, I totally like being married. I love Jason. He is definately "IT" for me. We were so lucky that we both were in a position in life that we didn't want games and drama in a relationship. We went together for 6 1/2 years solid. No breaking up and getting back together, we are solid, rock solid. He just completes me. We are so fortunate that we can't stay mad for long. It's incredible! I can be just mad as the dickens at him, and decide I'm definately going to be giving him the silent treatment. He's going to wish he hadn't disagreed with me!!! Ya right. After 5 agonizing minutes, I find myself saying something to him, at random, it could be something about whats on television or asking him a question about the dogs.....and there I've ruined it!!! I broke my silence! We both have this problem. We cannot hold a grudge. In the heat of the moment, I get mad at myself and think "I was NOT supposed to talk to HIM!", but at this point, damage is done, I've said one thing, I guess we've made up and moved on! It's great actually, I totally love that!!! Tons of people say how lucky we are to have that and I believe them entirely. I've know people whose spouses have not talked to them for a week over a silly argument! A WEEK? I don't think I've gone a DAY not talking to Jason since 2/2/02, and I don't think I would like it very much so I don't intend to start now! Talking to him and loving him is a habit now, and I'm no quitter!!!


So here we are now, living in The Dalles, Oregon----Just bought our first house---Jason's working for Vestas working on the Wind Turbines---I'm working again for Farmers Insurance---We have 6 dogs---two trucks---a 4 runner---and a Harley Davidson motorcycle---and most importantly each other. Life is good.


I think what I will do is find some older pictures and post them up so there is some history here. Happy reading and we'll see how this goes!


Luvs to all!


Beth Morgan

1 comment:

Amy said...

That was sweet! You are definitely quite the blogger.