Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's a Potato Soup Day

This week so far has been cold and windy, and yesterday real rainy. It's been Hot Cocoa and Potato Soup week. We just finished with dinner, I forgot to take out meat to cook up tonight so Jason had a Hungry Man that I get him for when he gets the 11:00pm hunger pangs. Jason is finally up to 197-200lbs!!! That is great! He's 6'4" and cannot put on fat. He puts on muscle and with his climbing he definitely is putting on more muscle, but I'm trying to pump the calories to him to keep up energy and weight. I just made homemade potato soup and he will be eating that like crazy! The bread is almost done too. What is homemade soup without homemade bread? I can smell it, I love that smell. Someone should make it into a glade plug in or scented candle. Do you think it would sell?

Speaking of candles, I am so excited for the Christmas season. I LOVE the Christmas scented candles. I will watch for the after Christmas sales this year to stock up on them for the year. I know that almost every post is reverting to Christmas, I just love Christmas and this weather already is like it is in Arizona right at Christmas. This year we will be having Christmas here in Oregon. Since we don't have kids, we trade off, Arizona and Oregon every other year. Last year was in Arizona with my mom, this year will be Oregon with Jason's folks and my mom is coming up too! I'm so excited! Jason's sister will be in town from Oklahoma, so it will be nice to have more family around. It's about time to put up the lights. I don't know how I will be able to wait for after Thanksgiving!!!

Update on Jason- He is back at work, on light duty after his scapula fracture. He goes to the Orthopedic Dr on Monday. His shoulder has really been hurting him tonight, I was getting pretty worried since he has such a high pain tolerance, but now I look over and he has fallen asleep on the couch. His work has been letting him do his Internet training classes in the office and run parts. He was so sweet today. The company sent him to The Dalles Auto Parts store which is just in the next block after where I work. He came strolling in my office out of no where. I hadn't seen him cross the street and didn't know he was even in town right then. It was so nice, he just wanted to come over, say hi, and give me a kiss. I thought that was so thoughtful. I'm so lucky! I'm going to put away the potato soup, get the dogs all around for bed, put the bread away when it is done, and get Jason to bed. Night Night!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I can totally understand the Potato Soup Day! It has been so cold here too! I am glad Jason has been doing well. (Kinda already knew he was a sweet guy...seen to much to deny that.)

Bell Family said...

Hey girl! Glad you found my blog! I would love to keep up with you! Sounds like you and your hubby have a great life! I love Oregon! It's beautiful! Congrats on getting your dream home too! Keep in touch!