Tuesday, March 17, 2009

After Christmas Sales

So I don't have pictures of my plunder, but what a good time and good deals we got!!! Me and mom went to Portland without Jason since he was so tired from the two days of driving back and forth to Portland and Hood River and all over. Mom wasn't expecting to see Sarah while she was in town. Sarah lives in Seattle with her husband and had planned to be in California.
We got up early and we were in Portland by 7:30. Mom wanted to go to Target first thing so we made it there and got inside. Then Sarah showed up right behind her and mom freaked! It was fun. We got some really great deals. I bought King and Queen flannel sheet sets for $9.99!!! It was great! We live in an old house so our room is often a bit chilly (we don't like to run the electric heater, we like the wood stove) so flannel sheets provide just the right amount of warmth and I love that they are not as cold as regular sheets to climb into at night. So I bought 5 sets and one for my mother in law. I LOVE bedding!!! We went to Olive Garden with Sarah and Bob and then they headed back to Seattle. Mom and I continued shopping. We went to JC Penneys and bought some great things. It was funny, the lady in line ahead of us was so excited. She was buying flannel sheets for 19.99! I didn't have the heart to tell her 9.99 at target! :) We shopped until dark, going to Costco, and all over. The entire crew cab of my truck was packed full!!! I even had to rearrange it a couple times. Full to the top, I couldn't see out of the back glass!!! It was so fun unloading the truck the next morning to show Jason all our great purchases! I love traditions and can't help but continue them.

No comments: