Saturday, December 13, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a White....

Tomorrow Morning!!!

We are having a cold wave and it looks like we will have a White Christmas!!! I love it! It is now starting to snow tonight, and I hope to wake up with a beautiful white blanket of snow over everything.

Jason and I worked all day today getting things ready outside. We winterized the outside faucets, and wrapped the pipes outside and also the ones in the basement. Our home has an 1100 sq ft unfinished basement that is accessed by the outside, not the inside, and it generally stays quite warm, even without any heater down there, but we wanted to be extra cautious, rather than fix broken pipes. Cleaned off the front porch, bought a rug for the porch to catch icky stuff off of our feet and puppy paws. Raked all the leaves in the front yard and burned them. And last, we worked on Christmas lights. We hopefully will finish them tomorrow, but we got a good start on them. Our neighborhood only has a few lights up on houses and Jason thinks by far ours are the best on the block!!!

It's past bedtime, and I need to get to sleep. I'll take a picture of what I wake up too tomorrow and hopefully it's not disappointing!!!

3 comments:

Summer Freeman said...

We have snow here but also a wind which makes it hard for the snow to stay. Hope you fair better!!

Amy said...

So??? I am anxiously waiting to find out if you have snow....(I guess I could just call:0)

Bell Family said...

I want a white Christmas! Did you luck out? Definitely post pictures of your house all decorated. I bet it is just darling!