Monday, December 22, 2008

And the Tree is up!!!

Sunday, December 21st we finally have the tree up!!!

This Christmas season has really been like the rest of the year to me....fast! What is it about growing older and time flying faster? I remember when I was in grade school, the days were long, and summer longer. Now it seems like I turn around and I'm heading into another weekend then another work week. In October, I decided I was going to really get things all put away and officially unpacked in my house. Well it's now December 22nd at midnight-thirty and the front spare bedroom is a catch all with gifts still stacked on the hide-a-bed couch from my bridal shower and our wedding. The 2nd bedroom, where mom will stay, isn't too bad, other than the bed is loaded down with laundry to fold. Also, I need to get pictures on the wall in that room, the walls are so bare. My baseboards need to be cleaned still, the picture rails need to be dusted, I wanted to reorganize where I put things in the kitchen and I started planning for this in October!!! It just seems like it's here and I'm not as ready as I'd like. Do I wish I could put another week in between now and Christmas, No way! I love Christmas and the season and I'm so looking forward to my mom being in town! Christmas isn't about how sparkly clean my baseboards or picture rails are, it's about the birth of Christ. I think he will feel welcome in my home, with my family, regardless of the chorse on my checklist that didn't get done. Can you imagine if all those people in Bethlehem, knew what was really happening....and I mean really knew the calibur of who was about to be born in their town? Think, if they knew and understood ahead of time, how many of the women would be scrubbing and cleaning their homes, and making room. Thats similar to what I've been trying to do I guess. I'm happier with a very clean home, and I'm not the best housekeeper and my wonderful husband Jason....well....he does take out the trash and I'm grateful, but that is about the extent of his housekeeping skills. (Oh he does like to vacuum too, which is wonderful!) As I'm sitting here, I have the front entry way completely done, it tends to get bogged down with shoes, coats, keys, tools, and all sorts of misc stuff that we have set down when we first walk in the door. The living room is done, complete with Christmas tree and the tree is decorated. I started decorating the living room as well. I've turned off all the lights except the entry light and the Christmas tree lights. I love it! I can smell the tree and it makes me really feel the season! My bedroom is clean, Bathroom needs to be swept and mopped and clean the bathtub and sink, but that is pretty quick. Oh yes, and my beloved, beautiful baseboards needs to be washed. The Kitchen, I just need to sweep, mop, and finish up the dishes (I don't have a dishwasher and I HATE to do dishes.) But I have learned that my dislike for them, doesn't make them clean. Then the dining room needs to get done. I had to rearrange the furninture in the living room for the tree so the dining room has lots-o-stuff in there that does not belong there. Just a process of getting things put away. Laundry room is good, just needs to be swept and mopped. I don't know for sure if I will have work tomorrow. We have TONS of snow, so if not, I hope to get alot done. If I do work tomorrow, I'll just start on the house when I get home. I want to be completely done by Tuesday night. I will report back and all those who read this will make me feel accountable! I think I will do that with my new years resolution too! Put all the gorey details on here of the before and hopefully, once I reach the after, I wont be so ashamed of it! I'll try it out with the getting ready for Christmas and mom coming in and we'll see.
Oh I have new pics of town in the snow, but batteries are dead on my phone so I will have to post that in another one. And the picture of the tree too!! Bed time for me. Nighty Night, I hope I dream of something nicer than cleaning baseboards! lol Merry Christmas!!!!

2 comments:

NAVAL LANGA said...

I have read some of your posts. I would like to revisit, as I liked your writings.

If you like short stories and paintings, then a short visit to my blogs would be an interesting one.

And yes, If you wish to send flowers to your beloved, then do it through my sites.

Naval Langa
http://navallanga.blogspot.com/

lofgreenlegacy said...

Hey Beth, you have such a good attitude. Thanks for reminding me that my house doesn't have to look perfect for Christmas morning. It's all about Christ. I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas! Have fun with all the snow! I'm jealous! My kids are still wearing short sleeve shirts with no coats most days here in AZ. Have fun!