Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Crazy busy!!!

Have you looked at the date lately? It's the end of April which means the 5th month of this year is about to start. I cannot believe how this year is flying by. The weather is starting to really be beautiful, the grass is super green and the dogwood trees are in bloom.
Being from Arizona, by almost May it's well on into summer. Here in Oregon, some days I'm sure that Spring is here and it great, and then the next day the highs drop and it's cold again.

I love the confusion and the changes...You never know what shoes to wear and don't dare put away winter clothes and jackets just yet.

It'sbeen a LONG time since I posted so I will try to update on how things in our little world have been.

February was a busy month.
February 2nd was our 7th year anniversary from when Jason and I got together. Wow, 7 years. It feels like we have been through a lifetime of experiences together and I look forward to many more! I'm continuously in awe of how lucky I am and how good I have it.

February 11th marked our first year in our home. We were so fortunate to get the home we did for the price and had a good lender who didn't try to sway us to an ARM loan (not that we would have been sway-able, but it's nice not to have that pressure).

February 14th was Valentines Day and we went to Portland with two other couples to the Cheesecake Factory. That might not seem like that big of a deal, but it was considering we had to wait 2 and a half hours and everyone knew it before hand and we all went anyway. It was well worth it and we had a great time.

February was also tax time for us. I like to get it done as soon as I get our W-2s. It was great! Filing married, homeowners, and had a move to deduct. We are still trying to figure out how to top it for next year. We are so blessed.

March
March is birthday month in my family. My dad, mom, aunt, both grandpas (on the same day), and mine. My birthday turned out to be like a birth weekend since it was on a Monday. I thought that as you get older, birthdays celebrations aren't as big and special but having the best husband in the world and great family and friends....I was happily surprised.
Jason and I have this strange, wonderful way of stumbling into really great deals; something like being in the right place at the right time or knowing great people who are always looking out for you. One such example...Jason went over to a friend of ours - Todd - to get a shovel or something he needed for some work he was doing on our 1914 garage (ha! We'll go into that later) and as he was leaving Todd's house he saw another friend - Jeff - at Jeff's dad's house taking up the lawn. He was putting into his dump bed trailer and he was going to haul it off to the dump and go with a low maintanence landscaping for his dad. Jason asked if Jeff could deliver it to our back yard instead of taking it to the dump and Jeff was thrilled to. Our back yard used to have a super big jungle gym so it has alot of sand in the back yard thus making the lawn not very hearty. Then when we had our unexpected litter of 8 puppies the dog population on our property rose to 12 and that reaked havoc on our back yard which already was not set up for heavy traffic. Anyhow, this lawn that was given to us had about 3 1/2 inches of soil with it which is wonderful and exactly what we needed! So I became a sod layer! Yay...until the day after. I completely had a terrible pinch in my back that would not go away. It was not fun at all, but I'm pleased with how things are progressing in the yard.
I signed up to sell Mary Kay to bring in supplement income in order to finish the basement. We have a basement that is entirely unfinished and has HUGE potential!

Every weekend we have stuff going on and we are really lucky with the friends we have that we are having great times...although my house is definately lacking in attention. I need a weekend to focus on JUST it!

April has been good. Todd's 50th birthday, Easter, and Baby Jaxon all on the same day!

Incredible! Leanne and Casey are doing great with this new baby boy which sounds so exciting! I hosted a Partylite party which was fun and got lots of free stuff!

We met with the surgeon for Jason's shoulder and the surgeon is pretty confident that surgery will fix him. YEAH!!! Work comp approved it and it was scheduled. Jason was also scheduled for ongoing training for his job starting last Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday in Portland. That's tough for me, I used to be so independent and I still am, but I am more happy with him. He came home for the weekend, and I was off to Seattle to see Sarah and hold a Mary Kay party there with friends of hers from the law firm. It was fun but I was so ready to get back home Saturday night and see Jason since I hadn't seen him since Tuesday morning. Sunday we went to church and spent the day together. Monday was his surgery in Hood River. It went great! He's having pain but he is an incredible trooper! He missed training on Monday, but went back up to Portland today to finish the week out. He is unbelievable. His shoulder is wrapped up and he's in a sling with a pressurized medicine pump OnQ ball delivering medicine right into his shoulder. So Jason is gone until thursday night for training. I am praying that he is able to learn while being in pain from his shoulder and the surgery. I'm constantly amazed by how he continually is pushing on through pain and struggles to better our life.

This weekend there is a free childrens fair in our town and I will be volunteering and helping out there, then hopefully Sunday will be relaxing.

All in all life is busy, good, and we are so blessed!

No comments: